SAP CoE have joined eHealth & Disruptive Technologies (eHealth)
In December 2019, HSE CEO Paul Reid commissioned the HSE Corporate Centre Review to determine how well the HSE's corporate services are geared to support the operational services such as Hospital groups, community healthcare organisations, and related services. Part of the Corporate Centre Review involved all functions within HBS (Health Business Service) moving into other areas of the HSE. In line with this corporate change the SAP Centre of Excellence (SAP CoE) moved from Health Business Service into eHealth in June 2021.
A little bit about SAP CoE:
Margaret Kilmartin is the Assistant National Director and Head of SAP Centre of Excellence. The SAP CoE currently consists of seven functional units:
- SAP Transformation & Continuous Improvement
- Business Support
- New Developments
- Business Intelligence
- Business Delivery - Finance and Procurement
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Quality Assurance
The SAP CoE evolved from the SAP Customer Competence Centre (CCC) which was stood up following initial deployments of SAP HR & Payroll into the HSE and has further grown and evolved through a number of iterations following subsequent rollouts and project implementations. We are a fully SAP Certified Centre of Excellence responsible for the support and development of SAP Technical solutions supporting HR/Payroll, Employee and Management Self-Service, Business Intelligence and Analytics, SPSPS, Ariba Snap and Finance – East, Stabilisation & CFI.
We are the Technical Implementation Partner for the NiSRP Programme (HR and Payroll employee and manger Self-Service). We provide Business as usual support for SAP HR & Payroll covering HSE, St James, TUSLA, CHI and Tallaght and technical support for Self-Service in the East and South East. We are currently in the process of a major reorganisation and transformation in preparation for taking on the support of the IFMS Solution which will significantly increase the support and development of the technical footprint of SAP CoE including Finance, Procurement, Warehouse Management, Master Data Governance on S/4 Hana and BW 4/Hana.
In addition to keeping the lights on and ensuring that over 121,000 employees and pensioners get paid, below is a snapshot of some of the key projects that SAP CoE will be involved in during 2022.
- Continued business as usual support for the existing SAP HR & Payroll user base. Calls to the SAP HR & Payroll help desk have increased by over 200% with the addition of East and South East areas (September 2020, March 2021 respectively).
- Support for North East moving into SAP CoE from 4th Jan 2022 this includes Help Desk, Training, Security etc.
- MyHSE Self-Service (ESS/MSS) extended 4 SAP HR/Payroll sites – NW, MW, Midlands and Tusla.
- NiSRP - developing and supporting the South Implementation.
- Completion of the BW Upgrade to HANA – this is a prerequisite for IFMS and the Pay Foundation Programme.
- Pay Foundation Programme - significant change in the HR/Payroll system to support IFMS - Enterprise Structure change & BW updates - focusing initially on Tusla.
- Continued support of the IFMS programme ensuring SAP CoE readiness for Phase 1 go-live.
- Continuing to build the team in preparation of the SAP CoE expansion to support our future business needs.
The SAP CoE team are delighted to be part of the eHealth family and we look forward to working with our new colleagues collaborating and building new relationships over the coming months and years.
SAP CoE team:
Please visit the eHealth Ireland Website where you will find more information on SAP CoE the the Business Units