Minister Challenges eHealth Ireland
On the 18th August Minster for Health Simon Harris TD challenged the eHealth Ireland team.
I am asking that in two weeks they submit answers to a number of questions that I feel could have a significant impact upon the waiting list here in Ireland today.
The questions are:
- How can we enable a patient to see their referral in real time?
- How can we enable a patient to make administrative changes to their referral without having to attend a hospital?
- How can we create a reminder service for patient’s referrals?
- How can we use information on referrals to better manage capacity and demand across the system?
- How can we use digital to safely and efficiently manage the discharge process, so the patient is in the right setting at the right time?
In response, eHealth Ireland's CEO Richard Corbridge issued an open call to
..all of the partners and vendors that have worked with the HSE in recent times to understand what you think the solution sets should be for this. Our ask to you is 300 words that describe what your solutions would be in this space.